Tomorrow: 5th Annual “Know Your Vote” at 6:30 PM at the High School
In preparation for Annual Town Meeting, eHop in conjunction with the Town of Hopkinton, will hold its 5th Annual “Know Your Vote” forum on Monday, April 24 at 6:30-8:30 pm in the Hopkinton High School library. The forum will be broadcast on HCAM-TV (Comcast 8/Verizon 30) and streamed on Facebook Live at facebook.com/eHop01748. This is your chance to get the answers you need from town officials before Town Meeting.
A few key issues to be voted on at this year’s Annual Town Meeting include a temporary moratorium on non-medical marijuana establishments, traffic calming measures on Hayden Rowe ($1M), a feasibility study to renovate or replace Elmwood School ($600K), and additional funds to begin the construction of an athletic facility on Fruit Street ($400K). Read the full 2017 Annual Town Meeting Warrant. There are 63 articles on the warrant this year.
Come join the conversation and learn about the potential impact of these and other important votes. You can also submit questions in advance to knowyourvote@eHop01748.org or on facebook.com/eHop01748 or by using the hashtag #HopTM17.
Panelists will include:
- Town Moderator Thomas J. Garabedian
- Town Manager Norman Khumalo
- Superintendent of Schools Cathy MacLeod
- Selectmen Chair Brian Herr
- School Committee Chair Lori Nickerson
- Planning Board Chair Ken Weismantel
- Director of Land Use and Town Operations Elaine Lazarus
- Director of Youth and Family Services Denise Hildreth
- Parks & Recreation Representative TBD