At the February 24 Board of Selectmen meeting, the Town Manager presented the FY16 Comprehensive Budget and Financing Plan. At their March 10 meeting, the Board of Selectmen voted 4-0 to send the budget to the Appropriation Committee who will now hold several public meetings and a public hearing on the budget sometime before Town Meeting. A controversial item seems to be that two new firefighters requested by Chief Ken Clark were not included in the budget sent to Appropriations. Please see two articles in the Metrowest Daily News below for more information.
- FY2016 Operating Budget Narrative (PDF)
- FY16 Comprehensive Budget and Financing Plan (spreadsheet)
- FY16 Town Financial Model & Comprehensive Budget Recommendation
- FY16 Tax Levy Worksheet – Operating Budget Analysis – Budget Assumptions
- FY16 Capital Pay-As-You-Go List – Capital Debt List Narratives
- FY16 Town Department Strategic Initiatives List
- FY16 Excess Levy Capacity
- Hopkinton: Selectmen leave two firefighters out in the cold by Jonathan Phelps, Metrowest Daily News Staff
- Hopkinton fire union decries two nixed firefighters by Jonathan Phelps, Metrowest Daily News Staff
The next Appropriation Committee meetings are 3/23, 3/25, 3/30 and 4/1, all at 6:30pm in Town Hall.
The next Board of Selectmen meetings are 4/7 and 4/14, all at 6:30pm in Town Hall.