Public Hearing on the School Budget – Thurs @ 7:30pm
Public Hearing on the School Budget
Thursday, January 30 at 7:30pm
Middle School Library
Attend in person or watch on HCAM-TV (Comcast Channel 8/Verizon Channel 30/ Streaming live on hcam.tv)
ATTENTION! This is your chance to voice your opinion on free vs tuition-based Full Day Kindergarten, fees to parents or any other school budget topic before the School Committee votes on a budget to submit to the Town Manager.
The evening will start with a revised budget presentation by Superintendent Dr Cathy MacLeod. Click here to view the Superintendent’s Revised Budget. Dr. MacLeod will take the opportunity to reflect on all of her data collection, discussion, feedback and decision making to date to present a cleaned up, revised School District Budget presentation for 2014-15 (FY15) for the School Committee to deliberate on. At their meeting last week, the majority of the School Committee indicated that they would prefer tuition-based (not free) Full Day Kindergarten next year and that they would like to see a 10% reduction in bus, parking, and athletic fees. Dr. MacLeod’s revised budget represents a 4.91% increase over last year, includes tuition-free full day Kindergarten, and includes the requested 10% reduction in fees.
The revised budget presentation will be followed by the public hearing, where the school committee chair will recognize audience members who wish to make a comment and have them come to the microphone one at a time to address the school committee on camera.
After the public hearing the School Committee will deliberate on the revised FY15 School District Budget to approve a School Committee FY15 Budget request to forward on to the Town Manager by the February 1 deadline.
For your Reference:
- Revised HPS Superintendent FY15 Budget 1/30/14
- State of the Schools Video 1/21/14
- Full Day Kindergarten Options Presentation 1/2/14
- Center School FY15 Budget Summary
- Elmwood School FY15 Budget Summary
- Hopkins School FY15 Budget Summary
- Middle School FY15 Budget Summary
- High School FY15 Budget Summary
- Athletic Department FY15 Budget Summary
- Buildings and Grounds FY15 Budget Summary
- Central Office FY15 Budget Summary
- Curriculum Team FY15 Budget Summary
- Student Services (Special Education) FY15 Budget Summary
- Technology FY15 Budget Summary