The Hopkinton Parks and Recreation Commission will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, November 17 at 7:00 PM in the Town Hall, 2nd Floor, 18 Main Street, to hear all persons interested in the use of the 19 acre parcel of land given by Legacy Farms for community use. Demons Youth Hockey made a proposal to the town in April 2011 to build a hockey rink off East Main Street on the Legacy Farms property if the town would grant a 30-year lease to the Demons for $1. Demons would conduct fundraising to build the arena. Read the proposal at http://www.hopkinton.org/pdf/HockeyIceArena.pdf.
Many of our subscribers were interested in updates about the Legacy Farms (former Weston Nurseries property) project. The Legacy Farms website includes a lot of detailed information including a list of frequently asked questions. There are also several documents available from the Planning Board as well as documents from Town Meeting 2008. For more info visit:
- Legacy Farms Website http://www.legacyfarms.com/
- Legacy Farms FAQ http://www.legacyfarms.com/faqs.asp
- Legacy Farms Fiscal and Economic Impacts Analysis by Community Opportunities Group, May 2, 2008 http://www.educatehopkinton.com/COG_Legacy_Farms_Final_Report_5-2-08.pdf
- Legacy Farms – Planning Board Master Plan Review by Sasaki Associates, April 25, 2008 http://www.educatehopkinton.com/Legacy_Farms-1_04_25_08.pdf
- Hopkinton Open Space Mixed Use Development Overlay District Regulations http://www.hopkinton.org/planning/pdf/OSMUD.pdf
- Hopkinton Host Community Agreement for Legacy Farms http://www.hopkinton.org/selectmen/pdf/LegacyFarmsHCA.pdf