FY12 Budget Message
At their meeting on November 9, 2010, the Hopkinton Board of Selectmen voted on the 2011-12 Budget Message. All town departments, boards and committee heads were asked to abide by the following message in preparing their preliminary budgets for the Town Manager:
2. Identify and include all incremental contractual labor costs.
3. Identify new mission critical and strategic initiatives, using the list developed by the Department Heads.
4. Continue to identify additional efficient operations, revenue enhancement opportunities and cost containment measures.
All preliminary FY12 budget requests are due to the Town Manager by December 30, 2010 and operational budget reviews will also begin on this date.
Your Dollars at Work – from the May 3, 2010 Annual Town Meeting
Article 20: Traffic Beacon: Main Street/Church Street – $15,000
Volunteer Opportunities on Town Committees
The following volunteer positions are currently available on various Hopkinton committees. Please consider volunteering your valuable time to continue to make our town a great place to live. For more information on any of these positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Cable Committee: four (4) http://www.hopkinton.org/cable/index.htm
· Capital Improvement Committee: one (1) http://www.hopkinton.org/capitalImprovements/index.htm
· Conservation Commission: one (1) http://www.hopkinton.org/conservation/index.htm
· Downtown Revitalization Committee: one (1) at large and one (1) Chamber of Commerce member http://www.hopkinton.org/drc/index.htm
· Historical District Commission: one (1) (Greater Boston Real Estate Board) http://www.hopkinton.org/historicDistrict/index.htm
· Housing Committee: three (3)
· Sustainable Green Committee: four (4) at large member http://www.hopgreen.com/
· Youth Commission: one (1) at large member http://www.hopkintonyouth.org/